Monday 7 July 2014

Photography Evaluation



I decided to take various portrait pictures of kittens, I felt that using Kittens in portraiture would evoke emotion in people furthermore I thought to take this on as a project because it’s something that I haven’t done before or had experience with and thought that it would good to experiment with photography. Although portraiture is of people or a group of people in their natural environment I wanted to use kittens, because images of them can be perceived with innocence and I wanted to create that shoot that conveyed that feeling.  

When I decided to do the shoot for the kittens I first looked at other photographers in the field to see how their pictures looked and to take inspiration for my own pictures. I looked into portraiture photographers such as Larry Clark for inspiration because I wanted to photograph subjects in their natural environment I also thought that taking pictures of younger animals would fit my target audience better because younger people as well as older prefer them.

My ability during the production was overall good but I would have to comment on the fact it was difficult to get my shots as I was photographing an animal which at times meant that the pictures would be blurry or not look right . I found that if I used the standard light in my room it made the photo come out dull and yellow looking so I used a flash to brighten the image and I found my shot came out a lot better.

 I think that the final images were perfect because they captured what I was looking for, Kittens in their natural environment, also the background fitted in because I used the smudge tool on the picture in Photoshop to make the kitten stand out. If I was to do this shoot again I will move the kittens to outside because they would look better under natural light. My management of time was good as well because in the time I had given myself, I managed to get quite a few pictures, some which I used in my portfolio but many I didn’t because I felt that they didn’t fit or there were technical difficulties such as the light or the images kept coming out blurry due to the fact they were moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment